For several years, Hope Christian Fellowship has been honored to serve as one of the sites for Care Net’s Annual “Walk for Life” — a fund-raiser that not only empowers people to connect with their community and share all the great stuff going on with Care Net Pregnancy Resource Centers, but also to generate income that allows Care Net to continue serving people facing unexpected pregnancies, exploring options, seeking love and connection, or eager for healing from past choices.
Saturday, April 16, in Warrenton
(559 Frost Avenue)
Saturday, April 23, in Manassas
(8691 Stonewall Road)
Saturday, April 30, in Woodbridge
(3122 Golansky Blvd)
Judi Brotzman and Judy Quackenbush are our “ambassadors” for Care Net at Hope once again this year, and they’re eager to help us join this great endeavor with our ministry partners.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the Walk for Life!
Fund Raising Tips for Walkers:
- Set a personal fundraising goal — The higher the goal, the more you’ll raise! (Put yourself in the place of a friend or family member – would you donate more to a friend if his goal was $200 or $2,000? People want to support you and the things you support, so setting a high goal shows ambition, commitment and determination to a cause you believe in!)
- Donate to yourself — Others will appreciate that you are devoting both your time and your own finances.
- Contact everyone who donated to you last year — Thank them for their gift and ask for their support again. Ask for a specific amount; if they can’t donate that much they will offer what they can.
- Be enthusiastic when asking for pledges — Let people know their money makes a difference in the lives of moms, dads and babies!
- Start early — The sooner you start asking for donations, the more money you will raise. As soon as you register, get organized and start asking!
- Personalize your fund-raising webpage by adding your own text, pictures or video — Remember, your potential donors will be interested in the cause, but they are primarily interested in you. Make sure you tell them why you’re getting involved and how you’re connected to Care Net PRCs. (It doesn’t have to be long.)
- Let your donors know their donations are tax deductible.
How to Raise $1500 in 3 Weeks for the “Walk for Life”
- Start by making a pledge to yourself for $50.
- Send out a letter or email to at least 30 friends and acquaintances asking for a minimum pledge of $25. If just half of those contacts come through at $25, you will have raised $375.
- Send several direct messages to Facebook friends: 4 friends come through at $25 each.
- Post your fundraising webpage link on Facebook asking for a $5 pledge: 5 friends come through at $5 each. Week 1 = $550
- Ask 5 relatives for a minimum pledge of $25.
- Set up a matching challenge! Personally ask a generous donor if he’ll give you $100 if you secure 4 friends who will pledge to you for a minimum donation of $25 each.
- Ask 5 neighbors to pledge to you for a minimum donation of $20 each. Week 2 = $425 TOTAL = $975
- Ask 5 other relatives for a minimum pledge of $25.
- Ask 8 coworkers to pledge to you for a minimum donation of $25. • Ask your boss to pledge to you for $50.
- Ask 3 local merchants (like your hair salon, favorite bakery or restaurant, and gym you frequent) to pledge $50 each. Week 3 = $525 TOTAL = $1,500
Don’t forget to follow up on your efforts! Some people need a gentle reminder. Remember, the number one way to raise funds is by personally asking for pledges from the people you know. It’s easier to ask for a pledge than to ask for money!