In July, 2017, Bob and Jeanne Allen, with the Football Club of Grace,will be heading to Tanzania in southern Africa, spending time in Dar Salaam, Dodoma, and Mbeya with a team to spread the good news of God’s love, teach leadership from a biblical perspective, and offer training to soccer coaches for strategies and drills. These coaches know and understand that this is a Christian ministry, and many of these coaches are eager to learn more about Jesus.
Prayers are appreciated for the following activities during their two weeks there:
- At the invitation of the Tanzanian Parliament, Bob, Jeanne, and the prayer team will be holding 1½ days of worship, sharing God’s word, and prayer.
- Bob and the soccer coaches will play a soccer game against the members of Parliament.
- Jeanne and the women will meet with the female members of Parliament in a round-table open discussion.
- Bob and the soccer coaches will lead a week-long certification training program to include discipleship, God-focused leadership, and coaching.
- The certified coaches will be competing in the first city-wide tournament in Mbeya with thousands in attendance, with the goal of creating and sustaining a youth soccer league.
- Bob will be meeting with church leaders who started the teams, and with international, national, and regional commercial sponsors to attract funding for a sustainable youth soccer league in Mbeya.
The hope and prayer is that this trip will open doors for long-lasting relationships to support recurring opportunities to spread the Gospel, and train leaders and coaches.
For more information, contact Bob Allen.